Railroads in Nevada County
Railroads in Nevada County began with Cairo and Fulton constructed beginning in 1872. The local lines, Prescott and Northwestern (founded in 1891 and still operated), and the Reader Railroad constructed in the 1920s to accomodate the oil fields at Waterloo and the timber industry. Today, the Union Pacific line runs through the north part of the county.
|This is the Reader #7 engine, a wood-burning Prairie built for the Louisiana log woods by Baldwin Locomotive Works in 1907.|
Copyright Notice and Limitations on Use:
All informative and photographic material on the Nevada County Depot and Museum web site and compact
discs are copyright ©1996-2019 Nevada County Depot and Museum
Routines that generate the pages were written by, hosted by, and copyright ©2002-2019
.All rights are reserved.
Individuals who access the web site or purchase a compact disk are limited to private
viewing of the material or quotation in an individual's historical research project.
Use of material must be attributed to "Nevada County Depot and Museum".
Additional terms apply to items in the cemetery survey, as outlined on those pages.
Prior written consent is required before any material is quoted or used in a work that is sold
for any price or distributed by any means, either for profit or not for profit.
Suggested content for bibliography entry:
Author: Nevada County Depot and Museum
Published by: Nevada County Depot and Museum, 403 West First Street South, Prescott Arkansas 71857
Retrieval Date: August 19, 2019