Oak Grove School District
|In 1936 on five acres of land east of Rosston, Arkansas on Hwy 200, which was donated by the Barcus Family, along with the Oak Grove Church, the Oak Grove (Nevada County Training School) was built and began classes. It was one of the earliest consolidated all black school districts (District #4) in the State of Arkansas serving the southern part of Nevada County. It was also the largest with 1500 students.|
Each teacher was required to visit the home of each one of his homeroom students (at least once each school term), and attended the church in the community where he taught. Bus drivers owned their buses.
The school motto was, "Only the Best is Good Enough for Our Children", and its mascot was "The Mighty Panthers".
The information found here is on display in a Souvenir Book of the Oak Grove High School at the Nevada County Depot Museum.
Copyright Notice and Limitations on Use:
All informative and photographic material on the Nevada County Depot and Museum web site and compact
discs are copyright ©1996-2017 Nevada County Depot and Museum
Routines that generate the pages were written by, hosted by, and copyright ©2002-2017
.All rights are reserved.
Individuals who access the web site or purchase a compact disk are limited to private
viewing of the material or quotation in an individual's historical research project.
Use of material must be attributed to "Nevada County Depot and Museum".
Additional terms apply to items in the cemetery survey, as outlined on those pages.
Prior written consent is required before any material is quoted or used in a work that is sold
for any price or distributed by any means, either for profit or not for profit.
Suggested content for bibliography entry:
Author: Nevada County Depot and Museum
Published by: Nevada County Depot and Museum, 403 West First Street South, Prescott Arkansas 71857
Retrieval Date: December 11, 2017