Nachitoch Bluff Crossing on Little Missouri River 6 miles North of Prescott. Bridge built during the 1890s. The Crossing is a historical one. The last steam boat on the River was grounded by low water and burned before 1900. There was a gun battle between cattle rustlers and officers of both Clark and Nevada Counties in the mid-1890s (The sheriff won the battle).
During the early 1900s through the 1950s, this was a favorite picnic spot and swimming hole.
The original U.S. Highway 67, "Broadway of America", used this bridge.
|Member: American Association For State and Local History, Arkansas Museums Association|
Copyright Notice and Limitations on Use: All informative and photographic material on the Nevada County Depot and Museum web site and compact discs are copyright ©1996-2016 Nevada County Depot and Museum. Routines that generate the pages were written by, hosted by, and copyright ©2002-2016 Danny Stewart.All rights are reserved. Individuals who access the web site or purchase a compact disk are limited to private viewing of the material or quotation in an individual's historical research project. Use of material must be attributed to "Nevada County Depot and Museum". Additional terms apply to items in the cemetery survey, as outlined on those pages. Prior written consent is required before any material is quoted or used in a work that is sold for any price or distributed by any means, either for profit or not for profit.
Suggested Bibliography Entries:
Author: Nevada County Depot and Museum
Title: "Iron Bridge"
Published by: Nevada County Depot and Museum, 403 West First Street South, Prescott Arkansas 71857
Retrieval Date: May 30, 2016