On July 31, 1908, Mr. Thomas Chipman McRae, Governor of Arkansas, donated land in Nevada County for an all black school, naming it the McRae High School. It functioned as an elementary and high school until 1969.
|Miss Inez Dickens was the first and only graduate of the McRae School in 1939. Her principal was Mr. E. Northcross.|
The Senior Class of 1953 dedicated the yearbook "The Tiger" to Principal Northcross in appreciation of his 18 years of service to the McRae School. He had a great sympathy and understanding of the struggle for progress in education.
Copyright Notice and Limitations on Use:
All informative and photographic material on the Nevada County Depot and Museum web site and compact
discs are copyright ©1996-2016 Nevada County Depot and Museum
Routines that generate the pages were written by, hosted by, and copyright ©2002-2016
.All rights are reserved.
Individuals who access the web site or purchase a compact disk are limited to private
viewing of the material or quotation in an individual's historical research project.
Use of material must be attributed to "Nevada County Depot and Museum".
Additional terms apply to items in the cemetery survey, as outlined on those pages.
Prior written consent is required before any material is quoted or used in a work that is sold
for any price or distributed by any means, either for profit or not for profit.
Suggested content for bibliography entry:
Author: Nevada County Depot and Museum
Published by: Nevada County Depot and Museum, 403 West First Street South, Prescott Arkansas 71857
Retrieval Date: September 24, 2016