Comments about this photo left by web site visitors:
- Posted by Cline Henry (firstname.lastname@example.org) (Haughton) on 2004-05-15
- I have a lot of good memories of swimming just below this bridge and fishing on the river with my grandfather, A. E. McGuire. My father, Dawson Henry, Sr. and I also made a lot of floats down the river bass fishing. Almost lost my sister when she got caught in the swift shoals at the swimming hole just below bridge. I had to catch her before she got into deeper water. We drove down to see the old bridge while at the 45th reunion of the Class of 1958.
- Posted by Anonymous (Anonymous) (Anonymous) on 2005-12-15
- I also have good memories of this old bridge, the Macedonia Baptist Church in Boughton (black side) had their baptizing there. We also went swimming there and fishing, I was always afraid when we crossed as the bridge made a lot on noise. Wish it was still there, sad to see such a great work of art gone,
- Posted by Ijuana Joy Brown Shaver (email@example.com) (Hamburg) on 2006-12-27
- We went to many baptizings and dinner on the ground. It is sad to see it gone. I had crossed it many times.