Nevada County Depot and Museum Home Page Nevada County Depot and Museum
403 West First Street South
PO Box 592
Prescott AR 71857
Phone: (870) 887-5821
Curator@DepotMuseum.Org

Menu | Login | Sign Up
About Us | CDROM | Search | Comments | Discussions | Links | Newsletters | Articles and Features | Lists & Resources | Cemetery Survey | Photo Collections
Tuesday, September 16, 2014 8:32:59 pm


West Main St. facing East
Photo Book 2 -
These are scenes from West Main St, facing East, around 1900. Read the caption in upper left. Upper left on the following page is the photo printed in the Picayune several years ago, from which all of the others were copied. Caption under picture reads: PRESCOTT, ARKANSAS AROUND 1900 - This photo shows West Main Street from the West showing old depot across the street. The photo was probably taken from the position between Lindsey Grocery and the building formerly used as M System Grocery. The depot at the far end of the street was removed in 1911. T. S. Bryan, jeweler and J. B. Shers justice of the peace are shown. 1898-10


Member: American Association For State and Local History, Arkansas Museums Association

Copyright Notice and Limitations on Use: All informative and photographic material on the Depot and Museum web site and compact discs are copyright ©1996-2014 Nevada County Depot and Museum Home Page. Routines that generate the pages were written by, hosted by, and copyright ©2002-2014 Danny Stewart.All rights are reserved. Individuals who access the web site or purchase a compact disk are limited to private viewing of the material or quotation in an individual's historical research project. Use of material must be attributed to "". Prior written consent is required before any material is quoted or used in a work that is sold for any price or distributed by any means, either for profit or not for profit.