This memorial is located in Prescott at the old railroad depot which now houses the Prescott-Nevada County Museum. There are three monuments connected together and placed alongside the highway. This marker was originally placed at the battle site near Prescott, but was moved to the museum due to vandalism.
References to an "earlier record" usually refer to a survey conducted in the 1950's by
the Nevada County Extension Homemakers' Clubs, the original of which is on file at the
Nevada County Depot and Museum.
Since 1997, Jery and Jeanie McKelvy have conducted a periodic canvas of each cemetery in
the county and use additional resources to keep the listings current.