Comments Left Here

All legitimate comments posted between 1996 and 2009, even the unverified, now appear on this page. We suspended comments from late 2009 until July 2016 because of the tremendous number of junk postings. We have eliminated the junk and implemented procedures to prevent the problem in the future.
Showing All Comments (339). You may change to General (76), Photos (187), Cemetery (79).

Husband of Ray, not Raye and Clara not Clark
Comment by Carl E Purifoy (purifoycj@yahoo.com) (Bartlett TN) on 2019-10-15 to "Purifoy, Carl Edward " in "St. John Cemetery (Black)".

Rev. Matthew Hunter Fielding is my great GF. Geneology records show Matthew was born in Davidson county, TN in 1826, and died in 1888 in the Honea home near Prescott.
Comment by William Morris Fielding, Jr. (billyback1@suddenlink.net) (Cabot) on 2018-09-13 to "Fielding, Rev. Matthew Hunter" in "Moscow Cemetery".

Thank you for managing this website. It contains relatives of mine...nice to locate info on them. Respectfully, Lethia Jo Roberts Rosenberg
Comment by Lethia Jo Robert-Rosenberg (4728rose@sbcglobal.net) (ventura ca) on 2018-09-12 to "Nalley, Pearl Barksdale" in "Ebenezer Cemetery".

Second from left Great uncle ,Perry McCargo.
Comment by Laurie Brooks Seneca (jolasen@cox.net) (Addis La) on 2018-03-27 to Photo "Bodcaw High School Basket Ball Team".

Barr, Andrew Washington 06-17-1823 GA - 11-01-1905 Arkansas
Comment by Martha Graves Mason (marjeanmason@gmail.com) (Wichita Falls TX) on 2018-02-21 to "Barr, Andy W." in "Mt. Moriah Cemetery - White".

Served in 19th (Dockery's) Arkansas Infantry Regt.,Company H, Confederate States of America.He is the brother of my GreatGrandFather Zenus R. Atkins who also served in the CSA.
Comment by Gerald Atkins (gerbet1963@att.net) (Hot Springs AR) on 2018-02-13 to "Atkins, J. C." in "Friendship Cemetery".

The picture of m y dad, Wells Hamby, seated left, was cut off this photo. Good picture though.
Comment by Irma H. Evans (ievans@hal-pc.org) (Tomball TX) on 2017-08-28 to Photo "1950 Prescott School Board".

Mary Isabelle & Irene were the daughters of my Uncle Randolph Peden Hamby and Aunt Irene Hamby. Randolph was a brother to my dad, Wells B. Hamby. Irma Hamby Evans 8/26/2017
Comment by Irma H. Evans (ievans@hal-pc.org) (Tomball TX) on 2017-08-26 to Photo "Snowball fight.".

Mary Frances Grimes McRaven mother to: Billy Wayne Mitchell born: Oct. 25, 1956 died : Jan. 13, 1957 buried at Solitude Baptist Church Cemetary, Albertville, Alabama parents: Richard Bomar Grimes Vertie Mae Roberts Grimes both buried at Solitude Baptist Church Cemetary, Albertville Alabama www.findagrave.com
Comment by Sylvia Moore (calfax35@gmail.com) (Guntersville Alabama) on 2017-08-10 to "McRaven, Mary Frances" in "Pleasant Ridge Cemetery".

Great Aunt
Comment by Cheryl Haynie-Maillet (cyhm@att.net) (San Francisco CA) on 2017-06-22 to "Beasley, Bertha M." in "Union Grove Cemetery (Black)".

Great Grand Mother
Comment by Cheryl Haynie-Maillet (cyhm@att.net) (San Francisco CA) on 2017-06-22 to "Mixon, Lula" in "Union Grove Cemetery (Black)".

Great Uncle
Comment by Cheryl Haynie-Maillet (cyhm@att.net) (San Francisco CA) on 2017-06-22 to Union Grove Cemetery (Black).

Great Grand Father
Comment by Cheryl Haynie-Maillet (cyhm@att.net) (San Francisco CA) on 2017-06-22 to "Mixon, John" in "Union Grove Cemetery (Black)".

Great Uncle
Comment by Cheryl Haynie-Maillet (cyhm@att.net) (San Francisco CA) on 2017-06-22 to "Mixon, Connie" in "Union Grove Cemetery (Black)".

cousin
Comment by Cheryl Haynie-Maillet (cyhm@att.net) (San Francisco CA) on 2017-06-22 to "Mixon, Eller Lue" in "Union Grove Cemetery (Black)".

cousin
Comment by Cheryl Haynie-Maillet (cyhm@att.net) (San Francisco CA) on 2017-06-22 to "Morris, Alma Fields" in "Union Grove Cemetery (Black)".

Grand Aunt
Comment by Cheryl Haynie-Maillet (cyhm@att.net) (San Francisco CA) on 2017-06-22 to "Walter, Lular Haynie" in "Union Grove Cemetery (Black)".

Grand Uncle In-law
Comment by Cheryl Haynie-Maillet (cyhm@att.net) (San Francisco CA) on 2017-06-22 to "Walter, Johnnie E." in "Union Grove Cemetery (Black)".

Cousin
Comment by Cheryl Haynie-Maillet (cyhm@att.net) (San Francisco CA) on 2017-06-22 to "Yarbrough, Olyion" in "Union Grove Cemetery (Black)".

Cousin in-law, married to Olyion
Comment by Cheryl Haynie-Maillet (cyhm@att.net) (San Francisco CA) on 2017-06-22 to "Yarbrough, MC" in "Union Grove Cemetery (Black)".

Unless there are 2 A. P. Greers buried in the county, I have different info on him. I have AP as being a Private - Co. B - 33 Ark. Inf - CSA. Other info is correct. I am a Great Grandson of his.
Comment by David Greer (dalisajo@yahoo.com) on 2017-04-18 to "Greer, A. P." in "White Church Cemetery - White Section".

The man far right front row is George Marcus Franks. known as Uncle Tip Franks. He was a member of the 22nd Arkansas Volunteers, was captured at Vicksburg and was released upon his promise not to fight any more. He returned to what was then Hempstead County. His niece, Mattie Bright Hamilton married the son of Charles Montgomery Andres, far left with the drum, George Logan Andres.
Comment by George S. Smith (gsi143@gmail.com) (Emmet AR) on 2017-01-30 to Photo "Civil War Veterans Reunion".

Center back, black coat and the white van dyke beard is George Marcus Franks, a confederate soldier with the 22nd Arkansas Volunteers.

The man with the vest and drum, seated front row, is Charles Montgomery Andres, a Union soldier with the 9th Connecticut Regiment. He was born Charles Adrien Jean Baptiste Andree in New Orleans, went to an orphanage at age 4, served in the civil war as Charles Andre and arrived in what was then Hempstead County in 1967 as Charles Montgomery Andres. He married Nancy Ann Waddle, daughter of Archibald Waddle n 1970 and had seven children, six boys and a girl. There has been a book on his life published -- Reveille, A Story of Survival, War and Family -- written by his great-grandson George S. Smith, of the Sutton Community.

My maternal grandmother
Comment by sherrye mazon (sherryemazon@cox.net) (san juan capistrano ca) on 2016-08-12 to "Cottingham, Ethel Smith" in "Caney Cemetery".

Mary Ethel Moore was the daughter of Loise Cordelia (nee Derks) 1902–1988 and Carrol Dewey Moore 1898–1934. She died in Hartshorne, Oklahoma but was buried in Nevada County where her father was from.
Comment by James Hamblin (chopperjoc@excite.com) (Herndon KY) on 2016-08-07 to "Moore, Mary Ethel" in "DeAnn Cemetery (New) North of Hwy 371".

Her given name was Martha June Gentry. She married John Walker Tomlin in Nevada County on 22 Apr 1888.
Comment by James Hamblin (chopperjoc@excite.com) (Herndon KY) on 2016-08-07 to "Tomlin, Martha J." in "Friendship Cemetery".

His middle name was Walker.
Comment by James Hamblin (chopperjoc@excite.com) (Herndon KY) on 2016-08-07 to "Tomlin, John W." in "Friendship Cemetery".

Her middle name was Mae and her maiden name was Moore.
Comment by James Hamblin (chopperjoc@excite.com) (Herndon KY) on 2016-08-07 to "Fuller, Gladys M." in "Mt. Moriah Cemetery - White".

This wasn't the old mortuary. It was the old Nevada News building run by Mr. and Mrs. Johnson. Cornish's was to the left of this one.
Comment by Mary Russell (tmlj2002@yahoo.com) (Prescott) on 2009-11-16 to Photo "New business on East Elm in 1978.".

I thought it was cool to go to google maps and view the differences between now and then. This photo was taken North West from in front of what is now the old Holly's Health Mart. Alex Ross
Comment by Alex Ross (Anonymous) (Anonymous) on 2009-11-12 to Photo "East Elm St. looking north.".

Rachel (Hart) Vaden is my grandmother. She was born 1/11/1914. She recently passed (10/16/2009). The dates on this photo should read early 1920's. Her mother was Myrtie Purtle. Does anyone have info on her? Thank you.
Comment by Pamela Hooper (paho11356@msn.com) (Anonymous) on 2009-10-24 to Photo "Bluff Springs School".

The woman on the far left is my grandmother, Marie Heldebrand (Pruitt).
Comment by Kim Aldriedge (kimark2005@sbcglobal.net) (Arlington, Texas) on 2009-09-25 to Photo "Nevada County Queens".

The photo has #9 listed as Marie H. Purtle and it is Marie Heldebrand (Pruitt). She is my grandmother.

Where is vol 53? My great-grand father was born in Prescott and I am trying to find information about his family. His name is George Arnold Tompkins, I don't know his parents names. He was born in the late 1800's. If anyone has any information please e-mail me at shaytaw@yahoo.com. Thank you.
Comment by SHANNON MURPHY (shaytaw@yahoo.com) (TEXARKANA) on 2009-09-15 to Photo "Grammer school class or classes".

The Washigton Hill Cemetery results are very incomplete. Several prominent families such as the Moncrief's are not listed at all.
Comment by Lyndia Washington (jprof@mail.com) (Prescott, Arkansas) on 2009-08-27 to Washington Hill Cemetery (Black).

After corresponding with family researchers, it is likely that Ammorilous Barksdale died in 1884 and that her child, D. A. Barksdale, was born in late 1882 or in 1883.
Comment by Jerry McKelvy (sandman43@att.net) (Anonymous) on 2009-08-02 to Ebenezer Cemetery.

This is my great grandfather. Is there a story behind this photo?
Comment by Casey Curtis (casey.curtis@uacch.edu) (Bodcaw, AR) on 2009-07-09 to Photo "Boss Sherman".

gsmith3399@comcast.net is my new email
Comment by Geneva Smith (gsmith3399@comcast.net) (Houston) on 2009-06-18 to Photo "East Elm St. looking north.".

My grandfather (Harlee Steed) is supposed to be in the picture. Please, please, please correct it so that I could see it! Thank you for a wonderful site!
Comment by Noel Parrish (npparrish@hotmail.com) (Dalton, GA) on 2009-03-01 to Photo "Laneburg School, 1925.".

Re: dates for Ammorilious Barksdale and D. A. Barksdale. Both grave markers are broken and the dates are no longer visible. A 1950 cemetery survey had D. A. Barksdale born in 1862, but some of the descendants say it should be 1882. Since Ammorilious was born in 1842, I am inclined to think the 1862 birth date for D. A. is probably correct.
Comment by Jerry McKelvy (sandman43@att.net) (Anonymous) on 2009-02-17 to Ebenezer Cemetery.

I agree, the man in the center is indeed Samuel L. Mooty. He is also my great grandfather.
Comment by Judy Wade (julley_01@yahoo.com) (Anonymous) on 2009-02-09 to Photo "Methodist Preachers.".

The present building was built in 1974. There is a stone either in the brick fence out front, or on the building itself that says so along with the cornerstone from the original building.
Comment by Adam Beck (moonraiser63@hotmail.com) (Prescott, AR) on 2009-02-05 to Photo "Presbyterian Church".

This is not from the 1910's. The dam wasn't started until 1948 or 1949, and was completed in 1951 after Mr. Greeson's death.
Comment by Adam Beck (moonraiser63@hotmail.com) (Prescott, Ar.) on 2009-02-05 to Photo "Martin W. Greeson, engineers & contractors on Narrows Dam. ".

This was originally Gibson's Discount Store. We lived in the Hale's trailer park across the street when it was built in the mid 1970's. I remember watching them build it.
Comment by Adam Beck (moonraiser63@hotmail.com) (Prescott, AR.) on 2009-02-05 to Photo "New Prescott Plaza".

Ammorilious Barksdale died 7-29-1881, yet her child D.A. Barksdale was born 8-21-1982. One of these must be a typo. Could you tell me which date needs to be changed? Thanks a bunch!
Comment by P. Berrong (jophyl@satx.rr.com) (Helotes., TX) on 2009-01-09 to General.

The are errors in the information on Cothran Chapel under historic churches. Among them: C>T> Moncrief is C>G> and Barrymon shoulld be Berryman. I realize this is an interview, but there are also errors in fact. I suggest a disclaimer saying info is from the interviewee as best they recall.
Comment by Lyndia Washington (jprof@mail.com) (Waxahachie, TX) on 2009-01-05 to General.

My uncle, J. Phil Burns is on the bottom row, third from the left. I have an additional "portrait" of him in uniform, taken, it appears in 1921-22. He is listed here as Phill Burns. My mother's maiden name is Agnes Burns, also of Prescott - along with her other siblings, 7 in all. She married Otis Theodore Bourns (pronounced Burns) of DeQueen, Arkansas in 1934. Her mother's maiden name was Dolly Pearl Phillips, thus comes my name Phillips Monroe Bourns. My mom went by the name Burns Bourns. I would like to hear from anybody whose father was on this football team. Phil Bourns
Comment by Phillips Bourns (phillipsbourns@hotmail.com) (St. Paul, MN) on 2008-09-24 to Photo "Undefeated Prescott Aggies".

If you know the identity of about 1/3 of these men could you please tell us who they are and which one is which? Thank you!!
Comment by sandra knops (sandyhogan@cox.net) (san diego) on 2008-08-28 to Photo "Civil War Veterans Reunion".

I have non-photo copy print of my uncle John Phillips Burns, aka:John Phill Burns, Jay Phil Burns, Phill Burns in his football uniform as a Curley Wolf of 1922 football team of considerable fame in Prescott. Willing to contribute to any effort to "reconstruct" that team. Also have copy of speech he gave at the Mann High School reunion about 15-20 years ago. Will share with anyone interested in the "memories" of his youth in Prescott during the first two decades of the 20th century. If interested, please email me. Phillips Bourns
Comment by Phillips Monroe Bourns (phillipsbourns@hotmail.com) (St. Paul) on 2008-08-06 to Photos.

Which one is J.K. Waddle?
Comment by sandra knops (sandyhogan@cox.net) (san diego) on 2008-07-28 to Photo "".

I am working on the 2nd ed. of a gen study of Samuel Andrew Arrington. I hope someone could tell me where to order a county map or make a copy of the location of his farm. I have old location directions. This is in a Chancery Court Proceeding of Nev Cty about 1920. He had about 39 acres South and East of Camden-Douley's Ferry Road. Any help?
Comment by Anonymous (Anonymous) (Anonymous) on 2008-07-22 to General.

I got to work with many photos in the Hamby collection when I volunteered at the Depot a few years back. My grandmother's house is the one in the lot behind where the girls are standing and she (Caroline Hays Arnett) grew up around both of them.
Comment by Anonymous (Anonymous) (Anonymous) on 2008-07-17 to Photo "Snowball fight.".

do you have the names of any of these children?
Comment by Anonymous (Anonymous) (Anonymous) on 2008-05-31 to Photo "Jr. High School, 8th grade in 1938.".

Are there collections of school yearbooks, or other detailed information, that would list students and teachers? All of my 6 aunts and uncles named Burns attended schools in Prescott. In 1920, My aunt Jeanette Burns was hired to teach school (See time-line,1920.) She also taught in Arkadelphia where at least two of her siblings were her students, My grandfather, Jay T. Burns was granted the first authorization to practice law in the town. Is there a historic listing of early lawyers in Nevada County? I am way up the Mississippi River in St. Paul, MN and have not found time, money or gas sufficient to journey to Prescott. I would like to come on down, however. Phillips Monroe Bourns [My father was born in De Queen in 1905.) Thanks.
Comment by Phillips Monroe Bourns (phillipsbourns@hotmail.com) (St. Paul) on 2008-05-29 to General.

When we lived in Prescott from 1948-1952 there was no Catholic church in Prescott. He had to drive 18 miles to Hope to attend Mass on Sunday.
Comment by William Malefyt (Anonymous) (Anonymous) on 2008-05-24 to Photo "Catholic Church".

It looks much like the Whiteway Barnbershop I frequented in the '50s and 60s. A Mr. Phillips was my barber.
Comment by Lee McGlone (leemcglone@hotmail.com) (Arkadelphia, AR) on 2008-03-31 to Photo "Interior of early barber shop".

This picture is NEWER than 1950. It is more like 1970. The men's glasses and clothing are certainly not from the 1950's. Also, I knew Jim Wingfield, and he would have been younger in 1950 than as he appears in this photo.
Comment by Adam Beck (moonraiser63@hotmail.com) (Prescott Ar) on 2008-03-22 to Photo "1950 Prescott School Board".

The bathing suit beauty is Bobbie Sue Ward Miner, not Miller. She is my cousin.
Comment by Anonymous (Anonymous) (Anonymous) on 2008-03-06 to Photo "Parade in Prescott".

A name correction: It should be Autrel Ursery, he was my uncle.
Comment by Anonymous (Anonymous) (Anonymous) on 2008-03-06 to Photo "Names of Class of 1933.".

I believe that this is probably Joseph Kelso Waddle as Joseph's daughter married a Lewis Stewart and they had 12 kids 1 of whom was Brice Stewart so he would be Brice's grandfather.
Comment by sandra knops (sandyhogan@cox.net) (san diego) on 2008-01-28 to Photo "Mr. Barlow C.S.A. Vet.".

I am wondering about the person in this photo as this same picture was sent to me as being Joseph Kelso Waddle so when I saw it here I was very surprised.
Comment by sandra knops (sandyhogan@cox.net) (san diego) on 2008-01-14 to Photo "Mr. Barlow C.S.A. Vet.".

The young man leaning on thepost is Charles H. Jones, Oliver S. Jones son. Confirmed by his daughter - Dorothy A. Jones (Mosley)
Comment by Jim Mosley (jdmose@msn.com) (Benton, AR) on 2007-12-25 to Photo "Jones and Co. Blacksmithing around 1900s.".

This couldn't have been in the 60's. Look at the cars, most of those are early 70's models.
Comment by M Russell (tmlj2002@yahoo.com) (Prescott) on 2007-12-09 to Photo "Munn Chapel Church.".

Also look at this photo. I remember this and it was probably in the 80's. The cars are newer too.
Comment by M Russell (tmlj2002@yahoo.com) (Prescott) on 2007-12-09 to Photo "Renovation of Baker's Easy Pay.".

Look again at the cars, besides Dr. Teague wasn't here in the 60's.
Comment by M Russell (tmlj2002@yahoo.com) (Prescott) on 2007-12-09 to Photo "Renovation of old Bank of Prescott building.".

Clara Johnson is (was) my mother-in-law. Those of you who know my daughter, Jessica, might see that she looks a lot like her Granny.
Comment by Lynn Johnson (gil004@centurytel.net) (Prescott, AR) on 2007-09-11 to Photo "Happy Hour for soldiers".

My grandmother, Alta Grant, worked at Dalrymple and Henry for many, many years. We used to visit her each summer and she would buy us each a "Bobbie Brooks" outfit from the store...very nice memories
Comment by Ann Vittitow Hobson (ahobson@vha.com) (Frisco,TX) on 2007-09-06 to Photo "Interior of Dalrymple & Henry Dept. Store".

The body less the cab portion is still in use next to the enginehouse as a shed.
Comment by Jud Powell (jud8979@yahoo.com) (Texarkana tx) on 2007-08-22 to Photo "The Alberta Zephyr.".

Pictured Lloyd Whitmarsh & Olan Smith
Comment by Glenn W. Whitmarsh (gwhit@cablelynx.com) (Hope, AR) on 2007-06-25 to Photo "Interior of Whitmarsh Cleaners".

This is a really nice site! I lived for a year in Prescott while I was 16 (that was 16 yrs ago, and I STILL remember the fight song for the Curly Wolves!). I've always been a bit nostalgic about Prescott. Anyhow, I found some of my family in the Laneburg Cem: W. T. "Bill" Fryar - my grampa, William Thomas, his brother John Christopher Fryar (and yes, he IS in that cem.), his sister Elsie Elizabeth Fryar Jones (m. Melvin Ambus Jones bur. in same) There are more Fryar's in that cem. They are in that same row with my grampa (there's 5 or 6 graves). My grampa Bill has a yellow Forsythia bush planted next to him, at the head of the grave. His first wife (Marie?) died in childbirth along with the baby - the bush is the baby's marker (don't know about the wife). Also, my 1st cousin, Leonard Ural "Lynn" Raley, son of Alice (Fryar) (Simpson) Haney, is buried on the other side of my grampa. Lynn died in Apr 2001, age 42 (Just FYI). What I would like the find out is where my greater-grandparents are buried. Christopher Columbus & Martha Alice (Rothwell) Fryar, John Richard "Dick" & Mary E. (Roberts) Rothwell. I have family history on my Rothwell branch, (if anyone's interested) but nothing on the Robert's or Fryar's. Thanks again for this wonderful site!
Comment by Kim (Fryar) Smith (briannaofdana@yahoo.com) (McLoud) on 2007-06-22 to Laneburg Cemetery .

No. 2 in the photo is Ora Faye Andres(Galloway), daughter of George L. Andres, Sr., and Mattie Hamilton Bright Andres.
Comment by George Smith (gsid143@gmail.com) (2580 Cherry Road, Cabot, Arkansas 72023) on 2007-06-18 to Photo "Nevada County Queens".

I beleive all of these men were Union Soldiers. This picture was taken at the same reunion as the picture below - Vol 64 No 7. The picture below is the same reunion, but the Confederate Soldiers. My great grandfather is in the picture below.
Comment by Jim Mosley (jdmose@msn.com) (Benton, AR) on 2007-06-08 to Photo "Civil War Veterans Reunion".

The bearded man standing next to the door is Oliver S. Jones - my great grandfather. He can also be seen in the picture titled "Civil War Veterans Reunion" (second picture - Vol 64 No. 7) seated third from the left.
Comment by Jim Mosley (jdmose@msn.com) (Benton, AR) on 2007-06-08 to Photo "Jones and Co. Blacksmithing around 1900s.".

The man seated third from the left is Oliver S. Jones - my greatgrandfather. He served in the 8th Arkansas Infantry. The man to his right (seated second from left) is Alfred Luck - his best friend. Oliver named one of his sons Alfred Luck Jones after his best friend. Oliver also owned Jones Blacksmith Shop and you can recognize him in the picture titled "Jones and Co. Blacksmithing around 1900"

There are a couple of Almond (Almand) folks in this photo that I may be related to. I'm descended from Welcome T. Almond (aka Almand) who lived in Nevada County in the late 1800's to 1917. Any relatives out there, please contact me!
Comment by Sherry Nelson (raytracer@acm.org) (Lansdowne, PA) on 2007-05-28 to Photo "Bluff Springs School".

The play was probably "Pickles" based on the backdrop ("Wurtzelpraeter Inn"). It was somewhat popular for glee clubs of that era. A description of "Pickles" follows: PICKLES The scenes were laid in the Garden of Wurtzelpraeter Inn, Vienna at carnival time and in a gypsy camp near Vienna. Johnas H. Pennington, an American millionaire pickle manufacturer, with his daughter, June, arrived in Vienna amidst preparations for the annual carnival. To his consternation he finds Jones, his advertising expert, advertising Pennington's Peter Piper Pickles too well. An old acquaintance, Lady Vivian, a wealthy English- woman, also arrives on her annual quest in search of her daughter, who was lost near Vienna at Carnival time when a baby. Kinski, the pompous police chief, plots to substitute the lost child of Lady Vivian and marry her for the fortune. A band of gypsies visit the carnival led by Jigo, the chieftain, and his supposed daughter, Ilona. Events lead all to the gypsy camp where a magic pool reveals the face of Lady Vivian's daughter. Arthur Crefont, a poor artist, wins recognition of his art and also the hand of June Pennington. Lady Vivian consents to become Mrs. Pennington; Kinski's plot is exposed; Ilona is restored to her mother and Jones is rewarded with success in his campaign for the hand of Ilona.
Comment by Sharla N Fasko (sharla.fasko@utoledo.edu) (Holland) on 2007-05-08 to Photo "Prescott High School Play".

The correct death year of my father, Daniel Freeman McMillian, is 1996 at the age of 83.
Comment by Christina L. McMillian de Paulo (tinadepaulo@cox.net) (Chesapeake, Virginia) on 2007-04-16 to Photo "Knights of The Orient Social Club.".

I was the basketball manager for the years 1956 and 1957, when Julius Adams and Terrell Calhoun were coaches. Remember winning the District and going to State Tournament. Never forget working on my own time on Saturday's washing uniforms and clean dressing areas. The wooden floor was a very new floor and was one of the best in Arkansas. I also worked in the Time Clock booth and recorded shots made and location shots taken. Information used by coaches. Wrapped a lot of ankles and folded and handed out a lot of uniforms for the games. Good memories.
Comment by Dawson Cline Henry, Jr. (cline.henry@gmail.com) (Haughton, LA) on 2007-04-15 to Photo "Prescott Gymnasium".

My Parents and their 2 kids, (my sister Kay and I) moved from Magnolia, Ark. to Prescott in 1946 and I started the second grade in this school with Mrs. Ardel Clark as my teacher. The next year I was transferred to the third grade in a new building they built behind the elementary school on the east side of town near where the park is now. Mrs. Gann was my teacher then.
Comment by Dawson Cline Henry.Jr. (cline.henry@gmail.com) (Haughton, LA) on 2007-04-15 to Photo "Prescott Primary School".

I spent many hours on Saturday's, watching cowboy moves and jungle movies. A coke and a bag of popcorn was what I usually got when I went in. I would do this every Saturday when I went home with Jerry Garner. I would go home with him on the school bus and spend the night with him. Then we would get up on Saturday morning, play and get ready to go to town. The movie was our babysitter while our mothers did their shopping. Daddy owned half of Dalrymple and Henry on the other side of Buchanan's Drug Store and I got my hair cuts at Fore's Barber Shop by Ralph or Shorty Fore.
Comment by Dawson Cline Henry, Jr. (cline,henry@gmail.com) (Haughton, LA) on 2007-04-15 to Photo "Gem Theatre on West 1st Street. ".

I am writing a book involving this tornado and I am looking for more information on this tornado and more pictures. Please contact me if you have any information. Thank you
Comment by Ruth Ann Dodson Bickerstaff (straighttalk28@yahoo.com) (Hope) on 2007-04-12 to Photo "Blevins Tornado".

Nora Ovelia Campbell McKinnon is the second person from the left in this photo. She was born September 20, 1891 in Hempstead Co., AR and died September 21, 1987 in Prescott, Nevada Co., AR. She was the daughter of Lee Ander Campbell, b 1865 in AR and Leena Parzaid Aslin, b 1870 in TN. Lee Ander Campbell's mother was Martha E. Stewart, dtr. of Samuel P. Stewart & Elizabeth Darby. Lee's father was Thomas E. Campbell, b 1829 in Frederick, Winchester, VA. NORA was married to David Asberry McKinnon, b 1888 in Pike Co., AR, son of Hector Thomas McKinnon,, b 1849 MS; son of David McKinnon, b Sept. 10, 1805 in Cumberland Co., NC; son of Hector McKinnon, d. 1820 in Cumberland Co., NC.
Comment by Sandra McKinnon Loridans (SoTouch@prodigy.net.mx) (Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico) on 2007-04-07 to Photo "McKinnon Reunion".

The lady on the left is my great-grandmother, Leena Parzaid Aslin Campbell, wife of Lee Ander Campbell. She was b. March 6, 1870. Leena Parzaid was the dtr. of William A. Aslin, b 1848 Gibson Co., TN and Delilia Morris, b 1848 TN. William Aslin is decended from Thomas Aslin & Martha Barham, b 1810 in Stokes, NC, dtr. of Charles Barham & Charity Frazier. On the far right is my grandmother, Nora Ovelia Campbell McKinnon, b 1891 in Hempstead Co., AR. and the very blond child in the front is my father, Ancel Asberry McKinnon, b. October 14, 1914 in Nevada Co., AR; died August 25, 1997 in Shreveport,Caddo Parish, LA.
Comment by Sandra M. Loridans (sotouch@laguna.com.mx) (Anonymous) on 2007-04-07 to Photo "McKinnon Reunion".

The lady second from the left is my grandmother, Nora Ovelia Campbell McKinnon, b. September 20, 1891 in Hempstead Co., AR; died September 21, 1987 in Prescott, Nevada Co., AR. She was the wife of David Asberry McKinnon b. March 24, 1888 in Pike Co., AR; d. August 8 1966 in Prescott, Nevada Co., AR. They lived their entire married life, first in Delight and then in Prescott. Nora McKinnon was the daughter of Lee Ander Campbell, 1865 in AR and his wife, Leena Parzaid Aslin, b. March 6, 1870 in TN. Lee A. Campbell's mother was Martha E. Stewart, b 1835 ALA, dtr. of Samuel P. Stewart & Elizabeth Darby. Lee's parents were Thomas E & Mary Campbell, b 1829 in Frederick, Winchester Co., VA. Leena Parzaid Aslin Campbell was the dtr. of William A. Aslin, b 1848 Gibson Co., TN & Delilia Morris, b 1848 TN; married 1866 in Gibson Co., TN.

I, too, remember the trips to the Cornish Mortuary in the '50's to see Old Mike. He was in a standing position at that time. My father, A. A. McKinnon, would then take my 2 brothers and I through the nearby park to show us where they found Old Mike. A trip from Shreveport to Prescott to visit my grandparents, David A. & Nora Campbell McKinnon, was not complete without a visit to see Old Mike. I later took my children there to see him. Shortly after that, they buried him.
Comment by Sandra M. Loridans (sotouch@laguna.com.mx) (Anonymous) on 2007-04-07 to Photo "Old Mike".

Mrs Sid Cole was Sarah Margaret "Mag" Daniell b 1882 to E. N. Dock Daniell and his wife, Margaret "Mittie" Nelson. Aunt Mag's sister, Cora Ella Daniell was my ggrandmother, married to Isaac Presley Boley Seal/s.
Comment by Rayedene Seal Graves (RSGraves@gt.rr.com) (TX) on 2007-03-20 to Photo "Mr. and Mrs. Sid Cole and Grand Daughter.".

Gladys Avery, shown in the photo was my mother. My grandparents were Johnny and Ora Lee Avery
Comment by Ann Cardwell (mail@zbsllp.com) (Rosenberg) on 2007-03-13 to Photo "Biplane at old FAA Field on Hwy. 24 West".

Clyde Watson Buchanan, Jr.'s year of birth is incorrect on his headstone which is located in Deanne's new section. How can I get this corrected? Or, who do I contact? Only the year 1936 needs to be changed to year 1935. I was his wife. Thank you.
Comment by Elizabeth A. Buchanan (bucaver8eightx@tx.rr.com) (Plano, Texas) on 2007-02-13 to General.

Tabitha, Why don't you donate some black history, instead of accusing white people of hate ?. It's people like you, that keep the hate alive. Do your part, and quit blaming someone else.